Registration cannot continue because:
The last day for Web registration for this course was October 1
College of Continuing Education - Registration Services
201 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Ave
St Paul, MN 55108
Business Analysis Certificate - Online
Are you a liaison between a business unit and an IT solution provider? Do you need to make sure that you are asking the right questions and gathering the right requirements to make sure that solutions are aligned with needs? Then the Business Analysis Certificate is for you.
You will describe various procedures to elicit and document business requirements clearly and accurately and develop use cases and test scripts based on those requirements. Finally, you will learn the process of organizing all components of the requirements into meaningful documentation.
Following this program you will be able to:
- Identify business needs, and the technical costs and benefits
- Develop and manage comprehensive solution-based requirements
- Formulate business specifications to implement technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business and IT
- Use data modeling to analyze and improve business processes
Using Moodle, a program designed to deliver online learning, you will be part of a virtual class that provides a thorough review of the business analyst role. This program combines the convenience and flexibility with opportunities to interact with your instructor and a cohort in a structured environment.
Course fees include:
The following textbook is required. Students should purchase prior to course start. Carlis, John. & Maguire, Joseph. (2001). "Mastering Data Modeling: A User-Driven Approach". Upper Saddle River, NJ: Addison Wesley. ISBN: 0-201-70045-X.
- The Business Analysis Certificate curriculum and online resources
- Flexibility to log on to the Moodle site weekly
- Scheduled online meeting times to interact live with your cohort and instructor
Event Id: 186210, 10/01/2012 - 11/09/2012, ,